One of THOSE people.

Yes. I’m one of THOSE people. I’m THAT kind of person. Have a visual yet?

I’m the kind of person who is into fitness and attempting to eat healthy 80% of the time. And convincing myself that chocolate covered almonds are healthy because of the dairy and nuts the other 20% of the time. I don’t try to shove my fitness and food habits on to others, but if you ask me about something, I will have a lot to say. From experience and from my personal weeding-thru-crap-on-the-Internet research (c’mon, its on the Internet, it has to be true!). I’m in no way a certified personal trainer or nutritionist, I just know what works for me.

In any case. It was October 2006. I was a sophomore in college and was well on my way to gaining the “sophomore 30” (pretty sure I just made that up). I was at our local fair and decided to be a contestant for the humiliating guessing game. You know – they guess the month in which you were born or how much you weigh. Well, I decided that I wanted to be publicly humiliated and went with “guess my weight!” I don’t remember what was guessed but I remember stepping onto that God-awful scale and seeing the numbers. I felt like 10 minutes had passed, as if I was frozen in time. 158. And, like anyone who knows that feeling, the first question I asked myself was, “how the hell did I get here?!” My answer, again, like most, lack of physical activity and quite the opposite in unhealthy fare.

Fast forward another six years and three months and here I am writing this. I lost a total of 48 pounds. I’m not asking for a gold medal or to be praised like a rockstar. There were many before me who’ve lost much more and many who will survive me who will lose much more. I’m not even asking for a pat on the back. Why am I telling you this, then? Good question. I guess because when I read other people’s weight-loss blogs I’m inspired. I don’t care if its a mere 10 pounds or 150+ pounds. I lost the 48 pounds over a couple of years and I’ve kept it off for 3 1/2 years.

So, yes, I’m proud to say I’m one of THOSE people. I’ve lost weight and I’m sure in another five years I will be just as proud of losing that weight.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s